Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hello!

I have the somewhat unusual luxury of finding myself with lots of extra time to get crafty lately.  My design team work is on vacation for the holidays so my schedule is free to do whatever I want!  What a strange feeling that is.  Today I decided to play along with the inspiration photo at Just Us Girls and to combine it with the latest retro sketch.




I really loved the gray, pink and white colors of the JUGS inspiration photo plus you can see I was heavily influenced by the circles.  I randomly stamped some circles then added a button and a stacked die-cut sentiment.  You may notice that I sneaked in a little black on the die cut sentiment.  That is a little trick I learned from my friend Karren.  It really makes the die cut stand out and since this card is really just about the pink and gray, it really helped to make the sentiment get noticed.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bokeh Dots (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Twitterpated DSP (SU)
Ink:  Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride (SU)
Accessories:  Happy Hellos die, Pierced Square STAX, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); button (SU); thread



21 comments:

KimCreate said...

Your card is beautiful! I'm glad there are some challenges and people making cards this week!

Patti said...

LOVE gray and pink together!! Your card is so girly and fun! : )

Patti

Rita W said...

This is fabulous! I had that stamp set in my cart and didn't end up getting it. Now I'm kicking myself. lol Enabler!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE your take on the photo, Jen!! Great card!!

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Jen! Love that touch of black behind the sentiment! Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty soft colors Jen and I like the shadow on your hello! Enjoy your free time to play ;)

Nancy said...

Loved that with your extra time on your hands you joined us at JUGS! Your card is a fabulous take on the photo! The shadow sentiment was brilliant! Happy New Year and thanks for joining us!

Jean said...

A perfect take on the sketch!! Your circle-stamped panel is wonderful!

Karren said...

I saw the thumbnail of this card at JUGs when I linked up my decidedly average card but didn't click it was your card until now. Love, love, love this - all the stitched dies really add some dimension. And the black adds a real wow ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aren't breaks fun? Getting to just play in challenges is nice at times. So glad you joined in with JUGS with such a fabulous card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Loving all of those circles! Love the stacked die cut sentiment and the button with the looped twine. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Lucille K said...

Such a pretty card :)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wonderful card! Love the design and all of those great circles! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely fabulous card! I love everything about it and I am off to pin it now for another day of card making. Thank you for the incredible inspiration.

Deepti said...

Oh my my ! this is so pretty and elegant and girly :) love it!

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty card and great use of the inspiration photo! Love the stacked sentiment and the bow treatment! We hope to see you playing with Just Us Girls in 2015 and Happy New Year!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card! Congrats on your win - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Keti's Projects said...

Gorjuss card. I love colors and the sketch you used. Perfect! Hugs, Keti

Janine said...

Lovely card. Congratulations on your JUGS win.

Tracey McNeely said...

A wonderful take on the sketch Jen!!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Perfect combination of challenges! Just popped over here from JUGs. Congrats!