Monday, December 8, 2014

Thank You

I had a grand plan to combine the color challenge at Just Add Ink with the sketch challenge at Cardabilities.  But by the time I got through with my card I had lost sight of the sketch and I couldn't, in good conscience, claim that I was following along with it.



I had several pro-types of this card going at once and it actually took me a while before I settled on this version (which, I suppose, is why I abandoned the sketch at some point).  I had a bunch of different flowers that I considered using and laid them all out in a dry run before I settled on these flowers.  The centers are made with a Viva Decor Pearl Pen, which takes some time to dry, so I actually made this Saturday night but waited until Sunday to assemble all the pieces.

Well that's it for me.  I'm typing this while watching Sunday Night Football and I'm just about ready to settle down with a big bowl of popcorn and the last half of the game!  It's too hard to stamp and watch TV at the same time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew); Slight Alterations, Urban Chic, Going  Somewhere (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Dove Gray (WPlus9); Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Strawberry Slush (SU)
Ink:  Soft Stone, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Lavish Branch die, Petal Party die (Memory Box); Viva Decor Pearl Pen


11 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Sooo pretty Jen. The stamping behind your flowers and branches really makes this. Perfect card. Just love everything about it. Bev

Karren said...

You did a great job with what I considered to be tough colors to work with! The background stamping looks so subtle yet effective.

Deepti said...

Ah so very pretty! Way to rock the colors :)

Lisa Elton said...

Very sweet!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful thank you card Jen!

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Jen, this is beautiful! You've used these colours together so effortlessly (at least it appears that way!). Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous! Loving the crisp clean look and pretty pops of colour Jen. Thanks for Joining us at Just Add Ink.

Shona Chambers said...

This is so pretty and caught my eye straight away. Love the die cutting and you used the colours perfectly. Gorgeous!

KimB said...

This is just delightful Jen! I love the subtle details beneath the bright delicate foliage and flowers. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jodene said...

This is a gorgeous card Jen! Those colourful flowers just pop right off the page! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Stun-ning Jen! Love how you've used these colours!