Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 167

Are you ready for the final Freshly Made Sketches challenge of 2014?  I know I am!  It's such a busy time of year and it is good to take a break from all this creative hard work now and again.  But don't fret about finding time to play along with this challenge because the linky will stay open until January 5th.  So you've got plenty of time to celebrate holidays and the new year plus squeeze in a card or two for Narelle's sketch.  So let's get to it.



By now you all know that Narelle rocks the layers like nobody's business but sadly I do not.  I started out with the intention of keeping my layers somewhat clean which is why one of them is a "layer" of embossing paste.  I have a hard enough time seeing it in the picture (and I know where it is) so I hope that you can see it too.  Then I decided I need a bit more texture so I added another layer of burlap ribbon.  Then I got to thinking about the circle and thought some feathers would look nice.

I really like these feathers but they are a bit bigger than what I had envisioned in my head.  But that's my "circle" and I'm sticking to it!  

The always amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team have got some great interpretations of this sketch for you to see so be sure to check them out.  And remember you've got lots of time to play along because we're leaving the challenge open until January 5th.   I sure hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by and if  you leave a comment remember, you can just ignore the stupid "prove you're not a robot" check box!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Feather Finery (Papertrey Ink); Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Lost Lagoon (SU); Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU); White (WPlus9); Golden Glitz (Delicata)
Accessories:  Diagonal Stripes stencil (Simon Says Stamp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); burlap ribbon

14 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

This card is SO SO beautiful,Jen!! I love the feathers and the burlap! And i love how you have used this Sketch!!

Linda Callahan said...

Your circle of feathers is fabulous! I love this card.....artsy and whimsical!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! And I can see some embossing paste! ;) Love the feathers!

Lisa Elton said...

I see the embossing past layer and it looks great!! Loves those dotted feathers too!

Karren said...

All these elements work so well together and make a gorgeous card. The texture you've created makes me want to reach out and touch your card.

Amy O said...

Texture and beauty galore! Those feathers are just gorgeous. Have a wonderful Christmas, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

I think your card is fabulous! I love those feathers! They look fabulous in vellum! I also love the burlap ribbon! Who doesn't love a little burlap?! I still haven't braved the embossing paste...maybe 2015 will be my year!!!!

Rosemary said...

wow... what a stunning take on the sketch! absolutely gorgeous!!

Cindy Hall said...

This is a fabulous take on the sketch, Jen, and I love how you always create "out of the box". The embossing paste "layer" is so smart and really complements the theme of the card. Gorgeous!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW and WOW! Love everything about this card Jen! Stylish and sophisticated!

Jen Timko said...

This is a perfectly "Jen" take on the sketch! I just love this one!! The feathers are so pretty. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Rita W said...

Circle feathers work for me. I love this! It has so much texture and the colors are fantastic.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the blend of texture in your interpretation of the sketch. It gives it a very artsy feel. Happy New Year!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just so beautiful Jen and I love your creative take on the sketch! I truly thought I had kept the layers to a minimum! I'll try next time to keep my sketch a tad more de-layered :)