Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 165

Oh, what a wonderful sketch we have for you this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Cindy Lovell who always makes the most amazing cards.  They're so colorful, full of details and still so fresh and clean.  Every time I visit her blog my wish list grows a bit longer!


I'm sure I seem like a broken record lately because I've been making so many Christmas cards but we're approaching D-Day in the Christmas card world and aside from a few deviations lately, Christmas cards are all I can think about.  For this card I was also inspired by the last challenge of the year from Festive Friday.  I've always loved making Christmas cards from non-traditional colors and the pinks and gold in this challenge are what drove my card today.


I don't need to tell you that the Freshly Made Sketches design team have created some beautiful cards to inspire you this week. So I hope that you'll check them out.  And I thank you for taking the time to visit me here!

Supplies:
Paper:  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose, Basic Black, Gold Foil (SU)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); Wet Paint Holiday die (Papertrey Ink); Blueprints 13 die (My Favorite Things); Speckles stencil (Tim Holtz); gold embossing paste (Wendi Vecchi)

13 comments:

Patti said...

I really love the pink flower!! beautiful Jen!

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

Love this to bits Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

It's all about the pink flower with that black sentiment - love it!

Karren said...

The gold embossing paste looks so good behind that cute pink poinsettia. The contrast of splatters and feminine looking flowers works so well.

Deepti said...

I love the pink poinsettia with gold splatter :)

Monika Reeck said...

Jen I adore the pink poinsettia this is sooo eyecatching love the gold there too..soo adorable combo with black n white..your card is festive and beautiful Jen..I adore this...hope you like to see my Card using the sketch this week it is not optimal but I hope you and other DT member like it :) hugs, Monika from Germany

Jen Timko said...

Pink and gold...so totally perfect together!

Cindy Hall said...

That beautiful pink flower against the gold speckles is so gorgeous, Jen! And the crisp black die cut "peace" is a stunning complement to the card. Love it!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Jen, this is simply beautiful! Love this pink poinsettia with splash of gold!

Cindy Lovell said...

Perfect,Jen!!! You did a wonderful job with this Sketch!! I love...love the gold splatters with the pink poinsettia and the black word die!! I love this!!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

great colour scheme Jen! I love that Poinsettia in pink! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

Jen Brum said...

Jen, this is such a pretty card! I love that pink poinsettia! It looks beautiful with the gold and that bold, black sentiment! So perfect for Christmas!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just so pretty Jen! This combination is just lovely for Christmas!