Tuesday, December 23, 2014

colourQ 273

Even though this weeks palette from colourQ could easily inspire a Christmas card (it was in fact inspired by this tree on an advent calendar) I'm all Christmas-ed out and went in an entirely different direction.  Last week's Make it Monday technique was a cool way to use die cuts on a card by "camouflaging" them.  The look is pretty cool and I wanted to try it out.



Cool huh?  I layered the die cut four times because I really wanted it to show up.  Plus the sponged colors are pretty dark and I was afraid that if I didn't have enough dimension, you wouldn't be able to see the cool look of the popped up sentiment.  I also went over the die cut with my Wink of Stella pen to give it some glitz and it looks really pretty in real life!

This is a busy time of year so this colourQ challenge will stay open for two weeks to give you extra time to play along.  The design team have created some beautiful projects to be sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Hello Honey, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade (SU)
Accessories:  Hello Word die (Lil' Inker Designs); Winter Blend sequins (Avery Elle); Wink of Stella pen



5 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you used these colors Jen and Laura's technique.

Lisa Elton said...

Your nailed the MIM technique Jen, this is fantastic!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!

Patti said...

You did it!! fantabulous!! : ) I love this color combo and you KNOW I love that technique. Great job.

Patti

Deepti said...

You have rocked the colors :)