Thursday, May 21, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 373

I love the layout of our latest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  It's a classic design and for some reason put me in mind of some clouds...and a butterfly.



On the background I sponged some clouds using a stencil and I really wanted a pop of color for that circle focal point.  I opted for a butterfly in a bold orange.  I used vellum for the horizontal layer.  The frosty, see-through layer of the vellum didn't detract from the background and gave my good place to stamp my sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a chance to join us at CAS(E) This Sketch.  

Supplies
Stamps:  A Better You (Clearly Besotted); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:   Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Bristol Smooth
Ink:  Broken China (Distress Oxide); Autumn Blaze (Altenew); Nocture (Versafine Clair)
Accessoris:  Mini Cloud Edges (My Favorite Things)

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the clouds and that simple orange butterfly. So elegant.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this Jen! Your pretty orange butterfly pops against the fluffy clouds!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I always love your butterflies! Beautiful sky with a wonderful pop of color on the butterfly!

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely beautiful!