Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 437

Hey all!  I'm super excited today for a couple of reasons.  First, it's Wednesday and that means we've got a new challenge debuting at Freshly Made Sketches.  The second is that the first phase of Massachusetts businesses re-opening began on Monday this week and it includes salons so I'm getting a hair cut on Friday!  It's the little things :) 


Our hostess and sketch designer this week is Cécile.  I love her abstract design!  I used a stencil with a vertical design and went over it with some embossing paste to create the vertical lines in the sketch.  To keep it clean I added a simple die-cut sentiment in black.  At the last minute I decided to add a couple of enamel dots in yellow.  I love the pop of color they give!

Thanks for stopping by!  Check out the amazing cards from my fellow teammates at Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration to play along with us!

Supplies
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
Accessories:  Chevron Pattern stencil (Simon Says Stamp); Thanks Script die (Mama Elephant); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); enamel dew drops (Freckled Fawn)

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This card is so gorgeous Jen! I love ALL of that white! Those chevrons are so fun and the sentiment stands out so nicely! Love that little pop of colour too! Very cute!

Lisa Elton said...

That little pop of color is fun, this is cool Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

That embossing paste is fabulous in the background! Very pretty card! And yep I really really need a haircut!

Amy O said...

I love the textured chevrons and that little pop of yellow is perfect! Fabulous card, Jen!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I am loving the texture on the chevrons!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Elegant. Gorgeous. Super creative! I adore this card!