Friday, May 8, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 434

I'm on a recurring theme of being late with my DT posts.  (:  So here I am with my card for our latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess and challenge designer is Linda.  I took her sketch and made a Mother's Day card.


All those layers actually gave me some pause.   I tossed around the idea to use some patterned paper for the two background layers but I really wanted to use this beautiful flower stamp and didn't want anything else to overpower those images. So I opted to use some white cardstock for those layers to let the morning glories to be the star of the card.  

I love the morning glories in my garden - the only problem is the resident woodchuck loves them too. Boo.  At CAS on Friday they are looking for a favorite flower.  These are a favorite of mine....and the woodchuck.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Morning Glory (Altenew); Keep It Simple Mother (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Olive, Moss (Altenew); Onyx Black (Versafine)



8 comments:

Kim S said...

I love that pop of color on all of the lovely white! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the rounded corners you added to the white rectangles! And those morning glories are beautiful. This is a wonderful card Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the way the white panels add dimension and interest while letting the gorgeous flowers pop!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love how you used the smaller white panels to keep true to the sketch -- it really sets the focus on the flowers. Beautifully done!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Jen! Wow! Those flowers are so pretty! I just love them! All that white makes my heart go pitter patter! So beautiful!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Claire said...

Your designs are always so beautifully CAS Jen - I love how you kept all that white space by keeping the panels white. Your comment about the daisy on my blog made me smile. I swear the reason I bought that die was because I'd seen you use it on a card! I must be mistaken if you haven't got it. It's a really old MFT die-namics called Upsy Daisy. If you can't get hold of it, more than happy to cut a heap for you and send them off. Just email me and let me know!

Wilma de Korte said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday :-)