Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 436

We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Jen Brum and I love the classic lines of her sketch.  There is so much you can do with it!


I chose to go with shades of green for my entire card a-la the challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare.  I even sponged the background on this one with my Distress Inks, something I'm getting better at!  For the focal image I layered the leaves in several shades of green, framed the layer in black and added a black sentiment.  I think it's soft and soothing.


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some fantastic cards with this sketch so I hope you check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Leaf Clusters (Altenew); Keep It Simple Sympathy (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Mint Julep (Papertrey Ink); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Bristol Smooth
Ink:  Cracked Pistacchio (Distress); Bamboo, Olive, Moss (Altenew); Onyx Black (Versafine)

11 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This is beautiful! The soft colors are wonderful with these leaves.

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the green green on the aqua cardstock. So pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

So fresh and lovely!

sandie said...

This is such a cool take on the sketch and yet again you inspired me to get stamping-you are such an inspiration to me and I thank you for this-I will give you credit in my post x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Nice interpretation of the sketch and the greens chosen for our greenery...very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely! The green and aqua combo is beautiful!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a lovely card Jen! I just love all of that green. It's so soft! Looks absolutely amazing!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful grouping of greenery! And the soft teal/green in the background is gorgeous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just beautiful! You create so much impact with your stamping - I am in awe!

Michelle said...

Love your simple design and the way you used greens. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Vandra said...

A beautiful sympathy card, I love that you took the leaves as inspiration as well as the green colours. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge. I Hope you join us again soon. Vandra Stenton, Colour Dare Challenge Design Team.