Saturday, May 23, 2020

Less is More Guest Designer

I am lucky enough to be a guest designer over at Less is More!  That is one of my favorite challenges and their design team is top notch so it's always a thrill when they like my cards. 🤗Their new challenge is a one-layer one - always a challenge and one of my faves!



I actually made two cards for this challenge but the first one was rubbish - so that's where I put it.  The second time around I was determined to use this dotted leaf stamp but I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to use it.  So I fell back to a tried and true thing for me - draw a rectangle around it.  To my eye it makes the image stand out and doesn't add any of those pesky layers.  This time, though, I got adventurous and included a couple of squiggly lines!  What a rebel I am! 🤣 Truth be told I was a bit nervous about those squiggly lines because I did them by hand and was afraid I'd get them all wrong and have to go back to the beginning.  Luckily they came out just fine.

I had a quick peak around blogland and found that at CASology their challenge cue word is "plant."  Coincidentally my dotted leaf is a plant!


Special thanks to Less is More for inviting me to play along with them - and to Anita coordinating it all.  It's always an honor to join you ladies 😊

Supplies
Stamps:  Dot Botanicals (Altenew)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Moss (Altenew); Copic Multiliner

11 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

It is absolutely fabulous to have you with us as Guest Designer, Jen. I am a huge fan of your work. This dotty foliage is fantastic. I love your rectangular frame and you did a wonderful job with your rebellious squiggles!!!!! I love your card!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Superb card Jen; you never fail to amaze us with your wonderful talent. That drawn border really is a good trick to use on a one layer and well done for doing the squiggly lines by hand. I'm drooling over the leaf stamp - it is totally gorgeous. Thanks for being a superb guest designer for us at LIM once again xx

Nora Noll said...

How clever is this? I LOVE that leaf. I thought that rectangle was a STAMP and was going to ask you where you got it!! I LOVE the squiggle lines!!

Patt H. said...

Love your squiggly lines & this CAS card!! I need that stamp!!

LeAnne said...

Whoa, I am loving this! Might have to hop over to Altenew and see if it's still available! GORGEOUS! Congrats on your DT gig, too...well-deserved!

Craft-E-Place said...

I love your card it is just beautiful, a great colour choice for the leaf. The layout works so well especially with the rectangle and squiggles!
Elaine

sandie said...

Congrats on GD and what a gorgeous card you made! Love the dotted leaf and what a great idea to add your own rectangle-will have to remember that. A the little squiggles worked our perfectly. I like you did this in soft colours too as makes it more CAS. Thanks for joining CASology x

Jen W. said...

Love love LOVE this, Jen! That dotted leaf is gorgeous and your frame is brilliant! Kind of disappointed it isn't a stamp I can get my hands on... Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Lynne said...

I love your leaf stamp and I might just have to look out for it. Your squiggly lines are superb, what a great touch. Thank you for being our GDT and sharing with us at Less is More.
Lynne x

Lisa Elton said...

CONGRATS on guesting Jen!! Your card is beautiful, I love that dotted leaf, wow!!

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jen ! I love these dotted leaves and above all how you framed them. Your squiggly lines are just amazing. Thanks so much for being our talented Guest Designer for this challenge! x