Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 456

Hi!  We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches, designed by Jen Timko,  I don't often make cards with a landscape orientation, so it's a real treat when I see a sketch designed that way.  I get to flex my horizontal muscle, as it were!



The second thing I love about this card is the plaid layer.  I don't know why I love plaid so much - I don't own a single plaid piece of clothing - but when it comes to cards I think plaid is the bees knees.  So I was especially happy to see that the challenge at Just Us Girls is to use plaid.  


Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some great cards to inspire  you to play along with us, so join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Totally Random Sayings (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Truffle (Avery Elle); Marigold Morning, Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Truffle (Avery Elle)
Accessories:  Sunflower die (My Favorite Things)

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love plaid too and I love this card!

Judy Rozema said...

I love when I see plaid on cards - but hardly ever use it. You have inspired me! Love the flower.

Linda Callahan said...

Well I love the plaid layer as well! The sweet sunflower is perfect with it!

Amy O said...

It looks like you've kept your horizontal muscle in good shape despite not exercising it regularly. I love the plaid and your layered flower is pretty fabulous too!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful autumn card, Jen! I love your plaid pattern and the sunflower is perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the plaid, love the bloom, love the card!

Bobby said...

Your soft plaid is a great compliment to the lovely flower, Jen. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Ida said...

Very nice card. I like the crisp, clean look and the awesome flower embellishment.

Nora Noll said...

Oh how I LOVE that plaid and your gorgeous sunflower!! STUNNING card!

Jen Brum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Jen! I just love that sunflower! It looks amazing with the plaid paper! I love plaid too and also don't own one piece of plaid clothing (I'd look like I forgot my axe if I did)!!!

Karren said...

Oh that plaid gives this card such a warm and cosy feel and the sunflower adds just the right pop of colour!