Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 458

The last couple of cards that I have made have featured Halloween colors and themes so I thought for our newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches I would make a Christmas card.  Our hostess this week is Kim and I knew instantly when I saw her fun sketch that sparkly paper was in my future!



I've had this glimmer paper in my stash for a while but have only used a tiny bit (what a surprise)!  It is super sparkly and the colors are so bright and fresh and modern.  I love to use colors like these on Christmas cards.  They are a bit unexpected and just so darn fun!  My photography skills don't do this card justice because in real life it is super sparkly!  

So that the smaller white layer didn't get lost on the card front I dragged out a ruler I've got with holes all along it and my paper piercer and hand-pierced all four edges.  So old school!  Remember when  stitched and pierced dies didn't exist and we had to hand-pierce everything? 😜  I'm so glad I never got rid of the ruler or the piercer because sometimes a die just won't do!

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some amazing cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Joy Stamp  (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); glimmer paper (Stampin' Up!); silver  paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Joy die  (Concord & 9th)


8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is great! I have plenty of that glimmer paper myself - time to use it! I also have the old paper piercing stuff...lol...

Amy O said...

I love these fun colors on this sparkly, festive card! Fabulous card, Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love, love, love this festive, clean and modern design, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that sparkle Jen, this is fantastic!

Kim S said...

LOVE the glimmer and the silver. And I definitely remember hand-piercing but I'm quite certain I got rid of everything when the easier alternatives came out!!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great Christmas card! I just love the sparkly background and that big Joy! So perfect!!!

Jen Timko said...

Sparkle...check. Gorgeous colors...check! Perfect holiday card complete!

Karren said...

What gorgeous colours of glitter cardstock! Such a fun and sparkly card!