Thursday, October 15, 2020

Fusion Purple Night

We've got a great new challenge for you at Fusion.  The purple night theme put me in mind of a Halloween card so that is what I made.



Don't adjust your set, folks, I really did use purple on my card.  But well-documented here, photography is not in my skillset, so no matter what I tried my picture came out looking blue.  

I don't often have the time to get adventurous with my cards but wanted to try my hand at some alcohol inks for this moody theme.  It had been so long since I used mine I had to refresh my memory on how to use them by watching a few videos on YouTube!  Apparently I need to add 90% alcohol to my stash to get those color to swish around, but since the pandemic that is in short supply so I had to rely on Ranger blending solution.  I added some silver mixative to make things interesting and used a straw to blow all the colors around my paper.

Thanks for  stopping by!  I hope you can join us at Fusion.  Our design team has created some amazing cards to inspire you!

Supplies
Stamps:  Bite Me (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:   Solar White (Neenah); Yupo (Ranger); black glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Amethyst (Ranger Alcohol Ink); Silver Mixative (Ranger); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well I think your inky mix is wonderful! Love this! The only time I used alcohol inks is when we were in Cape Cod! Seems like ages ago!

Wanda Cullen said...

Awesome mix of alcohol inks! They make such interesting backgrounds!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, your purple panel turned out great! Awesome card Jen!

Tristan said...

Beautiful AI background Jen and love that die cut bat.

Claire Grantham said...

Love this, the alcohol ink panel is lovely and the bat is perfectly placed! I find purple very hard to photograph and I use it a lot! Cx