Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 457

Once again I have decided to add another Christmas card to my stash using our latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.   Our hostess this week is Linda and her sketch immediately put me in mind of my favorite poinsettia die.


That long panel as well as the slim vertical layer practically screamed at me to add the poinsettia and a Christmas sentiment.  And the color combo at Christmas Card Throwdown is a favorite of mine when it comes to Christmas cards  so I jumped at the chance to use it for this card.   I chose to add some texture to the white background as well as the long blue vertical layer and finished it all off with a vellum poinsettia.  It's quite pretty in real life!


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have, of course, made some amazing cards this week so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Holiday Messages  (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!); vellum  (Graphix)
Ink:  Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories:  Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Subtle Dynamic embossing folder (Stampin' Up!); Snowflake/Speckles embossing folder (Tim Holtz); Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the fresh color combo and all of the lovely texture on this pretty card!

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous color combo, and that die is so pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that blue background! Sweet card!

Nora Noll said...

I love the delicate poinsettia with that gorgeous background!! STUNNING card!!

Lisa Elton said...

That delicate bloom is marvelous! Pretty card Jen!

AndrejaM said...

So beautiful, love this clean design. Thanks for playing at 52cct

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Jen! I just love that poinsettia! So pretty and I love the textured background! Such a sweet Christmas card!

Ida said...

Super pretty. Love the color scheme, the white poinsettia and the embossed background snow.

Karren said...

The textured blue really pops against the neutrals! Gorgeous and serene Christmas card!