Thursday, January 21, 2021

CAS(E) This Sketch 405

This is a bittersweet post because it is my last one as a member of the CAS(E) This Sketch design team.  After an eight year run, CAS(E) This Sketch is coming to an end.  😢  I joined the design team in November of 2015 and I have loved how the unique sketches have allowed me to think outside the box and stretch my creative wings.  My card today, is another creative take on a sketch.



The sketch is a retro one that first debuted on April 25, 2013 designed by Jackie Rockwell, the creator of the challenge.  I thought and thought about how to handle those little tags but ultimately decided that tags were not the thing for me.  For the slim vertical layer I used a birch tree, added some snow to the background (a nod to the snow challenge at The Paper Players) and used a trio of bright red cardinals in place of those tags.  The scene looked peaceful to me so the sentiment was a no-brainer.



Thanks for stopping by!  And special thanks to Chrissy who invited me to join the CAS(E) This Sketch design team all those years ago.  It's been an absolute blast!

Supplies
Stamps:  Ways to Say Merry Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Birch Tree die (My Favorite Things); Forest Majesty die (Whimsy Stamps); Falling Snow stencil (Simon Says Stamp); pearlescent embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful! An elegant gorgeous take on the sketch! Farewell CTS.....it has been a fabulous run!

I Card Everyone said...

Jen, I've so enjoyed seeing our CTS Sketches through your very talented eyes, and being a teammate, too! This is no exception to the rule! So lovely!
=]

Nora Noll said...

Such a GORGEOUS card. I have loved seeing all your designs. This challenge will be missed.

Lisa Elton said...

I've enjoyed all of your CTS cards Jen, you've been a wonderful inspiration! Your finale card is exceptionally pretty!

laurie said...

So sad to hear it is closing..always love your designs for their sketches. This one is excellent too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is fabulous! I love the pop of red from your birds! What a fantastic sketch. So sad to hear the CAS This Sketch team is ending! You are always the QUEEN of CAS!! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Jen, this is gorgeous. I love the little pops of red against that wonderful background. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Kim S said...

This is lovely!! Love the little birds as the "tags"!

dj said...

That pop of red on the white...perfection!! Love love love your take on this sketch!! I am so very sad to see this challenge blog close down!! From the time I started playing along with challenges CAS(E) this Sketch has been one of my go to blogs!! Thanks for all the inspiration over the years!!