Thursday, January 21, 2021

Fusion - Flowers

It's time for a new challenge from Fusion!  This week we've got a great sketch and some floral inspiration.  I opted to go with the flowers.



I don't have to state the obvious but I will just say that watercoloring is not my forte.  However, when I saw this inspiration photo I thought maybe I'd give it a go - especially since I had no other idea for those flowing flowers in the inspiration photo other than this wildflower stamp.  Since the stamp is a solid image I splashed down some colors behind it, added a raised sentiment, and I was done.  I also used the sketch from Fab Friday, turned clockwise.



Thanks for stopping by!  Join us at Fusion and be inspired by the sketch, the photo, or both!

Supplies
Stamps:  Going to Seed (Woodware); Easy Expressions Birthday (The Ton)
Paper:  Pure Ivory (Gina K); Desert Storm (Neenah); Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor
Accessories:  Easy Expressions Birthday die (The Ton)

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your splashy watercoloring is perfect! Love the wildflowers!

Lisa Elton said...

So soft and lovely!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is so beautiful! I'm loving the silhouette images against your soft background!

Heather said...

Wow, Jen, such gorgeous stems! Love them in our sketch - perfect color choices here, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Lovely watercolored background! It's perfect to set off the flowers. And the sketch turned is a great take! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! Love the clean design, perfectly layered! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Claire said...

Gorgeous Jen - so soft and pretty. Glad to hear you're no good at watercolouring either - I'm hopeless but just splashed out on some Altenew watercolours in the mistaken belief my watercolouring skills will improve!

Claire Grantham said...

Oh I love this! The beautiful wash behind your stamping is gorgeous. Love the whole muted palette. Cx