Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 467

After a short holiday hiatus we are back at Freshly Made Sketches for our first sketch of the year!  And I'm super excited about it because I'm the hostess!  I decided to go with a slimline design for a ton-in-cheek reason.  The new year is full of resolutions and many of them have to do with "slimming down."  So I thought maybe our cards needed a slim-down as well!



I bought a bunch of new supplies recently for making slimline cards so I've been busy trying them out.  This card uses a striped background die that was a little tricky to glue down, so I queried my stamping friends who gave me some suggestions to try.  I see some experimentation in my future!

Thanks for stopping by!  We're excited to start off the new year at Freshly Made Sketches and hope you are inspired to join us.  My fellow design team members have made some fantastic cards so I hope you'll play along!

Supplies
Stamps:  It's a Wrap (The Stamp Market); Easy Expressions Birthday (The Ton)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Nocturne (VersaFine Clair); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Candy Cane Stripes die (The Ton); Easy Expressions Birthday die (The Ton)

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun sketch! Love the line up of packages! I need a bit of slimlining myself after all of these months hanging out at home!

Lisa Elton said...

I have my eye on that polka dot package! This is fun Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sketch and fun card, Jen! I think I'm going to have to add a few more slimline dies to my collection. Happy New Year!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Jen! I love the background though I think you have way more patience than I have! Those presents are so fun looking too! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Kim S said...

What a fun stack of presents!! I like how they stretch across to the long sentiment - perfect for the slimline!

Karren said...

Super-fun card and such a great sketch! I'm so glad you gave us a slimline sketch which let me get some use out of all those dies I bought from The Ton!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a cheery card, Jen! I love the fun mix of this patterns and colors.