Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 470

Hi all!  We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess is the lovely Jen Brum and she's given us a great sketch!



I've had enough of making Christmas cards for now so I thought it would be a good idea to make a Valentine.  The two circles on either ends of the sketch got me thinking about hearts so I went deep into my stash and found an oldie-but-goodie Valentine set and inked up a couple of hearts from it.  I put those on one corner and for the opposite end I opted for a small tag with a heart on it.  Cute!  The big "love" sentiment is the real star, though!

Thanks for stopping by!  As usual my teammates at Freshly Made Sketches have made some amazing cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Love (Hero Arts); I {Heart} Heart (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Love die (Hero Arts)

7 comments:

Amy O said...

I love how that red frame ties everything together on this sweet card! This is clean and crisp and oh-so-cute!

Ida said...

Very nice card. I just bought that Hero Arts set (so while it's an oldie for you - it's a newbie for me). I like the added heart you put in the corner which I have as well - So now I've got a great idea on how to use them both.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentine! And not a stray drop of red ink anywhere! I struggle with red on white paper!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet Valentine! I love how you've used hearts in place of the circles! That sentiment is just perfect too! Love the white and red contrast! So fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the interst the three different hearts adds! This is cute, Jen!

Karren said...

Perfect Valentine card and the red frame really draws the eye in.

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with that modern and graphic design, Jen. It makes a stunning Valentine's card.