Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 526

We've got a great new sketch for you this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess is Amy and she gave us this classic design that you can interpret in so many ways.  In light of what is going on in Ukraine I felt compelled to take the sketch and make a small homage to the Ukrainian people.


The background layers on the sketch gave me the perfect layout to mimic the colors of the Ukrainian flag and then I added the top layer with sunflowers against a cloudy sky.  The sentiment is from a breast-cancer-survivor set from Verve but the sentiment seemed apt.

Many years ago I worked with a woman from Ukraine.  She didn't work at my company for very long so I didn't get to know her well, but I hope she and her family are safe.  I'm not exactly sure why I made this card other than that I felt compelled to use these bright colors at a time when the days are so bleak and dark.  What I really want is to send a fleet of fighter jets, but I only have paper and ink.  And prayers that the people of Ukraine triumph over the evil they face.

Thanks for stopping by.  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some fabulous cards to inspire you to play along with us, so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Believe (Verve)
Paper:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Pacific Point (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Mini Cloud Edges stencil, Sunflower die (My Favorite Things)


12 comments:

Laurie said...

This is beautiful, Jen. The sentiment is perfect!

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I love how you interpreted the sketch! I am like you....I'd like to bomb a certain someone, but I am sure prayers would be much more effective, LOL!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so cheery with a perfect sentiment!

Amy O said...

I love these gorgeous sunflowers and the sentiment for this card! And I love how you rounded the bottom corners. Beautifully done!

Cindy Beach said...

Your card and the thoughts behind it are beautiful. Just had to say so.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flowers - lovely card! And yes it is a helpless feeling to watch innocent people suffer....

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is beautiful, Jen and the sentiment is so fitting! Love this!

Jen Brum said...

This card is gorgeous Jen! Those sunflowers are so beautiful! I love the yellow and blue and love those clouds in the background! Fabulous sentiment as well! Makes me smile!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful sentiment and those sunflowers are so very pretty!

Karren said...

Beautiful card and such a perfect sentiment for the heart-breaking situation in Ukraine.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful, heartfelt design, Jen!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous and absolutely perfect for the message!