Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 528

Hi folks!  It's that time of the week when we debut a brand new sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Jacquie and her sketch has a lot of fantastic white space that you can fill - or not - to your hearts content!



Originally, inspired by the colors at Sunday Stamps, I was going to do floral images of some sort.  But then I got thinking about some of my old grungy stamps that were languishing in my stash and decided to use a few of them to create a little splash of color in the corner and highlight it with a colorful dragonfly.  I have no idea if dragonflies come in this color in real life but I think it looks pretty so who cares!  For the three vertical layers on the sketch I stamped a trio of sentiments.  Easy peasy!


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow teammates at Freshly Made Sketches have got some great cards to inspire you to play along with us!  I hope you do!

Supplies
Stamps:  Distressed Patterns (My Favorite Things); Fonds Grunge (4enScrap); Simple Sentiments 02 (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Maple Yellow, Forest Glades, Evergreen (Altenew); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Libellules die (4enScrap)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

These splashes of bright, happy colors makes my heart so happy! I love this card!

Judy Rozema said...

Super creative and trendy! I love how this looks!

Lisa Elton said...

This is CAS perfection, Jen! LOVE IT!

Jacquie Southas said...

Amazing that so many details can go into a perfect CAS design! Love the bright pops of color and sweet combination of sentiments.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Jen! I love the bright, cheery colours and love how you've used those sentiments and that white background is amazing!

Vee said...

Just gorgeous!

A.Rose said...

Terrific interpretation!

Alexander said...

Amazing that so many details can go into a perfect CAS design! Love the bright pops of color and sweet combination of sentiments. Mixxerly

Linda Callahan said...

Awesome colors - and oh such a clever take on the sketch! Love it!