Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 529

It's been a while since I've made a Christmas card so I used Jen T's awesome sketch at Freshly Made Sketches to add one to my meager 2022 stash.



The plaid challenge at Jingle Belles inspired the background for my card.  The bright color of the plaid I chose got me pondering contrasting colors I could use for the other layers of the sketch.  I went with traditional green and red Christmas colors and at first thought I had made a huge mistake!  But after a while I came to like this combination.  It's a little fresh and fun, I say to myself!

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some fabulous cards to inspire you to play along with us!  I hope you check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White Linen (Essentials by Ellen); Mossy Meadow, Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Perfectly Plaid Rainbow (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well my Christmas stash is zero! You are so efficient! Great start for the holidays!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this, what a great poinsettia!

SmilynStef said...

I think your color combo is perfection ... really makes that bloom pop ... so very glad you went Mad for Plaid with us at Jingle Belles.

Jen Brum said...

Look at you getting a jump on Christmas! Love that poinsettia! So pretty and stands out so nicely against the white and green!

lauren bergold said...

Oh my gosh what a beautifully vivid but subtle tone-on-tone plaid, it's the perfect pop for that poinsettia! Fabulous take on the sketch as well! Thanks for joining our celebration of plaid at Jingle Belles!