Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 383

It's my turn to host the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches...always a scary thing!  This time around I designed a sketch that I think provides a lot of opportunity for interpretation.  Here's my card:



There happened to be a "plaid or check" challenge at The Paper Players this week and that heavily influenced my card.  I tend to think of "check" as a spring-time design (like gingham) and plaid as something I would use for Christmas.  I fully intended to make a Christmas card but changed my mind when I saw the CASE the designer challenge at Global Design Project and had a look at my stash of patterned paper.

Turns out I didn't have one single plaid design in Christmas colors (something I will surely remedy!) but I did find this plaid in one of the colors of the inspiration at Global Design Project.   From there I incorporated some of the other colors and I capped off my design with a beautiful butterfly.


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some amazing designs with my sketch so I am sure you will be inspired to play along with us!

Supplies
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Perfectly Plaid Rainbow (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  Papillons die (4enscrap); enamel dew drops (Freckled Fawn)

13 comments:

Amy O said...

This is so pretty and Spring-like. I love how you use vellum. This was a fun sketch that was so easy to work with.

Linda Callahan said...

You have the prettiest butterflies in your collection! This card is lovely! And I am a total fan of plaid backgrounds! Thanks for the great sketch!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I Love the vellum overlay and the beautiful butterfly!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely Jen and looks like spring!

sandie said...

Jen, you did a fab job hosting the challenge and your sketch is great. I love the soft colours you used x

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! Great way to use that plaid, and your butterfly is divine! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week...always happy to see you in the gallery!

Jaydee said...

Jen, I love the softness of your card - the butterfly is stunning and the vellum adds the perfect amount of frosting over your plaid. Love the colors, too. Oh... and great sketch - need to see if I can make time to play along tomorrow! So glad you Played with us at the Players this week
Jaydee

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card Jen! I just love that butterfly and that plaid paper! Just so sweet! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

laurie said...

This is so pretty jen!I love that butterfly.Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sketch, Jen, and beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous together!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I absolutely love this, Jen! How you manage to make something that is so CAS look so gorgeous is beyond me! Stunning card, all the way around!

Karren said...

Great sketch and a fabulous card! Seeing your card made me realise I missed the strip at the top of the sketch. Doh! Anyways, your butterfly card is gorgeous and Spring-like - perfect for your season (or hopefully coming into your season!)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Soooooo very pretty! I am loving the butterfly you've used on your card as well as the strip of vellum which adds a softness to your DSP!