Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 385

Hello, hello.  It's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is Kim who designed a classic sketch for us.



This card is the second iteration that I made with this sketch.  The first one was so boring I couldn't bring myself to post it.  So despite it being the Nth hour I crawled back into my craft cave on Tuesday night when I got home from work to see if I could come up with something better.  I started perusing cards that I had made for a now-defunct sketch challenge and found one that I could use to CASE myself.  Using a few of the colors from Sunday Stamps this is what I came up with.  It's been a long time since I've used a button on a card but sometimes I love that old school look!


I was pretty late getting this card made partly because I am obsessed with watching Jeopardy before I head up into my stamp room.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who is in total awe of the current champion!  Every night watching that show is like watching the Super Bowl!  It's exciting and sometimes nerve-wracking but certainly entertaining.  Too bad I have to schedule my crafty-time around the show's schedule! 😆

Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some fantastic cards to inspire you to play along with us.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve); Slight Alterations (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Royal Velvet (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Craft); Dotted Borders die (Avery Elle); Witch Hazel button (October Afternoon); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)


12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love this bright mix of colors! And it is fun to see a button again! I just may have a few in my stash.....hah!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great mix of elements, this is pretty Jen!

Heather said...

Wow, you've made our colors sing, Jen! Love the look of this layout, your little details really pop! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

So crisp and fun, Jen! I love buttons too (been too long since I pulled one out), and I love all the texture you added to your card. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE the different cardstocks you used on this!! Such a lovely card!!

Amy O said...

I love the bold, bright colors and I love the fun elements you've used, from the scallops to the button. And yes, we hadn't watched Jeopardy in years, but now we look forward to it each night. We've been gobsmacked (sounds like a Jeopardy answer,right?!?). :)

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Jen! I just love all the different colours and that big yellow flower! Such a cheery and happy card!

Kim S said...

Such fabulous colors!! And I love the hint of texture and the soft vellum leaves.

Karren said...

So many cool elements and colors yet still so wonderfully CAS! Gorgeous card!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! Such a fun way to use all the colors! I love that pretty flower with the button center. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Annette Elliott said...

Jen, your floral arrangement is awesome! Love all the different elements you used -yet left a bunch of white space. Love it all. Thanks for playing along with the color challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Kathy said...

I really like this card, Jen, simple and very pretty, could be done with various colors and elements! Buttons are awesome!