Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 382

We've got a great new challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches designed by the very talented Jen Timko.  I love when the design is landscape orientation because I rarely make cards that way.  There always seems to be more space when the card is done in that direction - an optical illusion (or a personal delusion)...you decide!



I've been craving some signs of spring lately.  I go for a walk every day on my lunch hour at work so I've very in tune with the weather.  And so far spring around here hasn't been all that warm and to make matters worse it's been wicked windy so that makes it feel even colder!  To be fair I've seen small signs such as crocus and the beginnings of daffodils and tulips but I felt the need to take matters into my own hands and create a card with bright yellows and a pretty flower so that I can pretend that spring - and those warm sunny days - is here for real!  I added the gingham background because bright colors in a gingham pattern scream "happy" to me!

Mother's Day in the US will be here before I know it so I took the opportunity to turn this bright and cheery card into one for my Mom.  I think she's going to like it!

Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has created some fantastic cards with Jen's sketch so you will surely be inspired to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Watercolor Art (Altenew); Keep It Simple Mother (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); X-Press It Blending Card, The Everyday Collection (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Simple Sentiments die (Avery Elle); Weathered embossing folder (Taylored Expressions)

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your on will love it! That yellow flower is beautiful! And I love gingham for spring too! Not one sign of green here yet but I did see my first robin this week!

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty is this! Love the gingham and that wonderful bloom. Your mom is going to love this Jen!

Amy O said...

This flower is such a WOW! And I love the gingham paper. A perfect Mother's Day card.

Shelly said...

So beautiful! Loving the yellow and gingham background! Perfect!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great Mother's Day card! Your mom will love it! That bright flower and the paper are super cheery! I do love the yellow gingham so much!!

Karren said...

This is definitely a Spring-y card, Jen! So bright and cheerful. And, now that I ponder it, it does appear that landscape cards provide more real estate to work with. Weird!

Kim S said...

This is lovely! I love the contrast between the yellow, green and black. The gingham is the perfect backdrop.