Thursday, April 16, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 368 Meets Fusion

Hey there!  It's that Thursday when I get to combine the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch with the inspiration at Fusion.  The inspiration at Fusion commemorates ANZAC Day which marks the first military action by Australia and New Zealand during World War I.  Poppies are a traditional image for Veterans so my card features some.



Originally, I was going to be creative with those three squares on the sketch and do some double layer pop ups of those poppies on my card but it proved to be too much work for my tired brain to do so I improvised by sticking down three vellum squares over the poppies.  Vellum to the rescue!

Thanks for stopping by!  And if you want something to do whilst on a coronacation then join us at CAS(E) This Sketch or Fusion - or both!

Supplies
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes (Papertrey Ink); Keep It Simple Sympathy (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Naturals White (Neenah); Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Onyx Black (Versafine)

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

What an awesome card!! The vellum squares are amazing over your image, just perfect!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Jen--I LOVE the vellum squares!

Nora Noll said...

That vellum is so cool over the poppies!! Totally amazing design!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the vellum overlays, this is lovely Jen!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your creativity with the vellum squares! Beautiful!

Jo said...

Brilliant, I really love this version xx

Linda Callahan said...

Vellum to the rescue is right.....you are a genius! I love love love how this came out!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous clean design, Jen. I love those sketchy poppies paired with the vellum stripe.