Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 433

It's my week to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and I decided to go with a bit of an abstract design.  Week after week it always amazes me how you all interpret our sketches so I thought it would be fun to see what you would do with a big ambiguous blob!



It's a coincidence that the latest challenge at Less is More is to use scribbles, drips, or splats but I embrace all coincidences like that as an invitation that I must play along so I grabbed one of my favorite splat stamps, added a small butterfly, a few enamel dots, and a slim sentiment.  I chose all shades of blue so I could play along with the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have taken my sketch and created gold with it!  So I hope you are inspired to play along!

Supplies
Stamps:  Ink Splats (IndigoBlu); Kinda Eclectic (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Blueberry Sky, Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Basic Pearls (Stampin' Up!); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

20 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like what you've done with the "blog" LOL, this is terrific Jen!!

Linda Callahan said...

Loved your sketch! Your splash of blue with the butterfly is perfect - very pretty!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the FMS and may be something I try this week! Your card is gorgeous - a perfect balance of colour and white space. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Craft-E-Place said...

I love your ambiguous blob- great description! It is a great way to add colour and texture. Thanks for playing along in the "Less is More" challenge.
Elaine DT

A.Rose said...

This is a spectacular card! Thanks for join8ng us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Kim S said...

This is so sweet. LOVE that bitty butterfly on that unique splat - I see what it's one of your favorites.

Cat Nowak said...

Lovely CAS card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Susan Renshaw said...

I love this Cas card - brilliant use of a blob!
v

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card Jen! I just love that splotch and sweet butterfly! Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

Michelle W said...

Gorgeous card Jen and perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Kathyk said...

Fabulous make, lovely splat and a terrific colour choice too

Kathyk

Zoechaos said...

Saw your sketch on CFD and liked it then got caught up in other things. Strolling around blogland today came across your card on LIM. Your card is beautiful love everything about it. Your sketch well seeing it again it might resolve a design problem I've been struggling with today, thank you x

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the splat stamp you used and the lovely colors. Blue is my favorite!!

Pat said...

Love this way to create a lovely CAS card....

Jen Timko said...

Seriously awesome! The card, the sketch, you.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Oh my I think I have that stamp or something similar, never used because I didn't know what to do with it...and now I do. Now just have to find it among my stash. CAS and simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

Great way to use that "splat"! Lovely card, Jen. Thank you for playing along with us at Color Dare #391.

creativetimewithme said...

Your card is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us at Color Dare!

Hugs,
Mary Ellen, Color My Heart Color Dare DT
blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

I just love cards like this! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Color Dare blog. I hope you join us next week for another challenge. I can't wait to see what you create!💙☕

Miss. Carrie
www.misscarriescreations.com

Neets B said...

Beautiful, Jen. I love the monochromatic design too, that cornflower blue tone is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x