Friday, April 24, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 432

I'm more than a bit late with my Freshly Made Sketches post this week.  Work is crazy and I just had no time to post this in time for the sketch reveal.  But I believe in the "better late than never" mantra so I humbly present my card. This week our sketch hostess is Jen Timko.



I had no specific idea for this sketch when I sat down to make this card.  That open circle actually threw me for a bit of a loop.  Then out of the blue I got an idea to do a hanging monkey.  I have no idea where the idea came from but I thought it was a good one so I ran with it.

I bought a monkey SVG cutting file from Etsy and after cutting it out twined the monkey's tail around a dotted circle that I cut from some long under-used dies.  For the horizontal line in the sketch I improvised and used a wavy-dotted border die.  It's subtle, but I like it!

The cue word at Addicted to CAS is "animal" and when I first saw the challenge I thought there was no way I was going to be able to play along since I rarely put animals on my cards.  But then this little monkey mysteriously worked its way into my life and ta-da here I am!



Thanks for stopping by.  And special thanks to my fellow design team members at Freshly Made Sketches who have graciously put up with my tardiness in posting.  You guys are the best! 💖

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Basic Black (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Dotted Borders die (Avery Elle); Circles die (Little B); Monkey SVG (Whimsical Accents)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

OK quit monkeying around.....this is adorable!

Anonymous said...

This card is just perfect! I love that monkey! Great sentiment as well! This will definitely cheer someone up!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cute!!

Nora Noll said...

This is darling!! I LOVE that little monkey!!

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with that fun card, Jen! That cute little guy makes me smile. And that wavy stitched line makes such a clever take on the sketch!

Kim S said...

This is as cute as it gets!! I love that little guy - and your use of the fun circle and wavy stitched line are perfect for him!