Friday, March 6, 2015

As You See It Guest Designer

I'm so excited to tell you that I'm the guest designer over at the As You See It challenge this week!  I love playing along with their challenges so I was very excited when Amanda asked me to join them.  This week the challenge is shades of purple and it's also a speed stamping challenge!



The idea behind a speed stamping challenge is to try to make your project in 10 minutes or less.  I've done a few of these before so I know that I need to carefully plot out my design and have all the supplies I'll need handy so I don't waste time trying to find things in my stamp room.  So with my stamps and dies at the ready, the sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments as my layout and a little washi tape inspiration from City Crafter Challenge I set to work.  I thought for sure that I would go over 10 minutes but I'm pleased to say that I had this all put together in 8 minutes, 3 seconds!  Woo hoo!


I want to extend a bit thank you to Amanda and all the ladies at As You See It for liking my work and asking me to join them this week!  I'm grateful beyond words!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (SU); Celebrate Artsy (Stamplorations); Dandelion Dreams (Clearly Besotted
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Concord Crush, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder (SU); Dusty Concord (Distress Inks)
Accessories:  Traditional Tags STAX, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX (My Favorite Things); Cheviot Butterfly die, Delaney Butterfly die (Poppystamps); Basic Rhinestone (SU); washi tape, white crochet thread, white seam binding ribbon


22 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow, just another jaw dropper Jen!
You do beautiful things!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is a stunner! I find purples hard to work with, but you've challenged me with this beauty! And speed-stamped as well?! That's amazing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Woo Hoo 8 minutes, your card is so fun Jen. The washi and the tag are delish!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the Guest Design spot, Jen! I'm grateful beyond words, too, because this tag card is magnificent inspiration for me! I love how you added the pretty Washi tape to the stamped images behind your beautiful tag! This shows just why the Team is lucky to have you on board this week! Thank you so much for playing in the City Crafter challenge Hugs, Darnell

Linda Callahan said...

Under ten minutes.....wowza! Beautifully done in those shades of purple! You are a terrific guest for sure!

Jenelle said...

Very pretty card! I love the shades of purple you used.

Shelly said...

Congrats on Guesting! Beautiful card! Love it!

Heather Cooper said...

You rocked this speed stamping challenge, Jen! I love your card and the shades of purple you used.

Lisa Elton said...

This has Jen written all over it!! Marvelous use of purple and in under ten minutes to boot!! Congrats on guesting, they're lucky to have you!!

Karren said...

I'm so impressed you made this beauty in under 10 minutes. I'd need another 0 on the end of that to make anything halfway decent!

Petra Swart said...

Congrats at the GD spot, Jen!!!! Your card is simply stunning and made in under 10 minutes - WOW, that's great!!!! Love the purple washi and the cute tag with the beautiful butterfly!!!! LOVE your card, Jen!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Samra said...

Stunning card!!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!!
Samra DT

inkedx2 said...

Love the clean and simple look of your card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at HSS.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Marisa said...

Congrats on the GDT! Love the card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely beautiful monochromatic card! Love every detail!

Deepti said...

Wow so elegant!!

Deepti said...

Yay! On your GD :) love this cool and fun card

Anonymous said...

Great job on using shades of purple to create this card with so much texture. Great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stella said...

Your take on our challenge id brilliant and your card is fab!Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!