Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just Us Girls 286 Guest Designer

Today is my last week guest designing at Just Us Girls.  I've really enjoyed my time with them this past month and want to send a heartfelt thank you to them for inviting me along.  I've gotten to design some cards that are just outside of my comfort zone and also some that are well within my comfort zone!  I was a little apprehensive about this week's inspiration challenge because as a rule I'm afraid of those, but once I broke it down to some colors and images I was just fine!



The green, the yellow, and the red jumped out at me from the inspiration photo and as I pondered how I wanted to use those colors I came across the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.  This set some light bulbs off in my head and I went on to design a one layer card.   The square in the sketch became some watercolor splashes and the flowers became some simple stems and splashes of color.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Watercolor Wonder, Botanical Silhouettes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  So Saffron (SU); Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)


14 comments:

Marisa said...

Love this, Jen.

Linda Callahan said...

Love everything abut this!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I LOVE it!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Happy Dance said...

Be still my beating heart! Oh Jen. This is beyond stunning. I totally love this card. The colors are amazing together. The sentiment echoes the stems of your poppy bouquet and grounds the whole design. No doubt about it, this card is in my top-10 all time favorites of all cards ever. Beyond love this. You rock girl. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this!! Those pretty little dancing red flowers won me over!! Congrats on guesting this month Jen, you've done a wonderful job!!

Ina G said...

Love your cas design Jen and the lovely choice of colours you chose from our Inspiration Photo this week. Thanks for joining us this month as our Guest Designer. It has been lovely seeing your work.

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty card Jen, I have always loved that stamp set!

Claire said...

You've used that PTI set so perfectly Jen - I never quite know what to do with mine! Love the lemon background with those beautiful blooms!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Absolutely love your card.....it's stunning! It's been a pleasure having you with us this month at Just Us Girls. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

Nancy said...

Well, we are just as glad to have had you with us this month! Gorgeous card as always..thanks again Jen!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely inspired card -- Hey, thanks for being out Guestie for March - You ruled the challenges!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love your graphic CAS design! Thanks for being a great Guest Designer this past month, you were a real rock star!

Unknown said...

Love your card, I want those stamps! Karen x