Tuesday, March 3, 2015

colourQ 282

And here we are at Tuesday again!  Why is it that time moves along at a glacial pace Monday to Friday but then when the weekend comes all of a sudden it's like a Nascar race!  Well, the good thing about it being Tuesday again is that there's a new palette at colourQ.  There's some newsprint again (loved seeing how you all incorporated newsprint into you projects a couple of weeks ago) and some pretty blues inspired by this scarf.



The sketch at As You See It provided the layout for my card.  I just loved all those layers, especially the circle.  I almost added a flower as the focal point then I spied this feather in my stash and thought it would look better.  I just wish I had done two of them!


There are some wonderful shades of blue on display from the colourQ design team so make sure you check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Feather Finery (Papertrey Ink); Label Love (Altenew); Stitched Together (Close to My Heart)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Natural White (Neenah); Basic Black, Buckaroo Blue, Soft Sky, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  White (WPllus9); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Vertical Stitched Strips die (My Favorite Things); Circles die (Little B); clear matte embossing powder (Wow); black embossing powder



8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Woohoo, I am in love with this! SO very cool...I HAVE to play with these colors this week!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love that beautiful feather, Jen and the news print looks great!!!! Great use of the colours!!! A beautiful card!!!
Have a great day!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've woven the colors into this sketch! A fun artsy card this week Jen!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Jen, that feature is so delicate!

Karren said...

Totally Pin-worthy card! Love all the stitching you've got going on. Might have to look up that CTMH set...

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the layout of your card - the circle frames the feather perfectly and I do like the stitched detail too. Love this colour combo!

Heather Cooper said...

I love the newsprint and the blue together and your blue stitching! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at As You See It Challenges this week.

Amanda said...

Love what you did with the sketch this week! Such a pretty feather and the little touches just bring it all together. Thanks for playing at AYSI this week.