Tuesday, March 24, 2015

colourQ 284

We're back with a brand new challenge at colourQ!  This week the colors are inspired by this pretty figurine.  Perfect for a spring time card, I think!



I went with some simple floral images using the sketch from Fusion.  The sentiment was die cut three times and glued together to give this some dimension.  And I used some translucent embossing paste on the vertical layer in a diagonal line design to give this a bit of texture.  Little did I know that some cat hair would get stuck in the paste and really give this some texture!


Of course, our amazing colourQ design team has some beautiful cards to inspire you this week, so head on over there to check them out.  And I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Artful Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Pool Party, Old Olive, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Blushing Bride (SU); Lavender Moon, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Thanks Script die (Mama Elephant); Diagonal Stripe stencil (Simon Says Stamp); translucent embossing paste (Dreamweaver); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)


8 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I LOVE that Jen! Such pretty colours and I adore that scripty thanks die! Have a nice day! Hazel xx

Shelly said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors (and the touch of cat hair)! ;)

Jean said...

Perfection! Love the choices of stamps/stencil/die cut with these colors!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the colour combo -- so perfect for spring!

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty colours this week, love your flowers Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

This is light, delicate and I love those flowers!!

Michelle said...

So pretty, Jen!

Karren said...

Great way to use these colors! The blue panel looks fabulous with the embossing paste stripes.