Friday, March 27, 2015

Tag You're It 18

It's Friday!  Yay!  And time for a new challenge at Tag You're It!  Nancy is our hostess this week and our inspiration is a beautiful floral tag she made.  Here's my take on it.



I was inspired by the colors and the layout of Nancy's tag.  But instead of a floral design I went with feathers.  I embossed those in Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango on vellum then fussy cut them out.  The sentiment is from my brand "new" (to me anyway) vintage Dymo labeler that I recently got on eBay.

A while back I got a stamp set (I'm sure you know which one) that resembles these old fashioned plastic labels.  I love that set and use it all the time and figured I could buy one of those label makers and then I'd be able to make any sentiment I wanted.  So I bought one and it only cost about $10.  Well after the first label I made, the thing refused to work.  It was just cheap plastic but still.  So fast forward a few months and there I am on Amazon reading the reviews for the one I bought hoping that someone had the sames issues as me and maybe, also, a way to fix it.  Lo and behold I found one with a solution!  The person that wrote the review  basically echoed my sentiment that the labeler was a piece of junk and said that he picked up a vintage one on eBay and was very happy with it.  So I did the same!  And I've got to say I love it.  It's heavy duty chrome, works like a dream and I've been sticking labels on things all over the house!

The amazing Tag You're It design team have some beauties for you to see for this challenge so head on over there to check them out.  We'd love to see your tags, your tags on cards or wherever else you can imagine using one!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Feather Finery (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Lucky Limeade (SU)
Ink:  Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Pierced Traditional Tags STAX, Medium Fancy Flourish die (My Favorite Things); Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo embossing powder, Tangerine Tango button, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, Antique Brass jumbo eyelet, linen thread (SU)

12 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is lovely Jen! A great take on the inspiration image! Hazel xx

Marybeth said...

Love that you used feathers! Glad you love your new label maker now!

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Elton said...

Lovin the feathers and flourish, this is pretty Jen! Way to score your label maker on eBay!!

Shelly said...

FABULOUS tag! Love the feathers and colors! Perfect!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love those feathers and flourish! Very pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

You aced this one, Jen. Love those eb vellum feathers.
Note to self: get a label maker! Beautiful flourish/leaves too!

dstandard said...

What a pretty tag! Just gorgeous!

Jeanne J. said...

Eye candy here Jen! Love the pretty feathers, bit of washi, and yes.. that little home made label!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen the feathers are such a brilliant substitution for the flowers-LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Unknown said...

Hiya Jen!

The design is looking absolutely fabulous! It is simple but very much alive!

I think the use of the Dymo tape is a brilliant one, it really adds a bit of a rustic factor to it, to really bring it to life!

Great job and best regards,
Jesper K
DYMOSupport

Karren said...

Fab tag and the label looks especially cool! Have you labelled the cats yet??? :)