Saturday, March 21, 2015

Just Us Girls285 GD

For some reason this week at work dragged on forever.  So thank goodness that Saturday is here and I can relax a bit.  I do have to pop in to work on Sunday for a software upgrade but that shouldn't take much time at all.

But for now it's time to share my latest card for Just Us Girls.  This is my third week joining them as a Guest Designer and this week the challenge is to design a project that is black and white and another color of your choosing.  Fun!



Whenever I see a challenge like this I want the third color to be something bright.  I'm particularly fond of how Melon Mambo looks when paired with black and white so I went with that.  I'm also playing along with the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.


My coffee stains take the place of the circles in the sketch and I went quite literal with the butterfly.  Although I think that an all black butterfly is a little unusual I really like how it contributes to the bold color scheme.

Well that's it for me.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  And please stop by Just Us Girls and check out the cards from the designers.  I hope you can join us!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Java Spills (Stamping Bella); Live, Love, Laugh & Be Happy (My Creative Time); Textures 2 (Florileges Design)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Melon Mambo (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Cheviot Butterfly die, Delaney Butterfly die (Poppystamps); enamel dot (My Mind's Eye); washi tape

22 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Jen, this is such an awesome CAS design! Love the colors!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love your wonderful design! The melon mambo really brings this card to life....beautiful color. Love the strip of black with the writing on it too.

Happy Dance said...

That Melon Mambo really does the black and white justice. Such a great pop of color. That's about the nicest butterfly I've seen lately too. This would be a great girl graduation card. Just wonderful. Bev

Marlou McAlees said...

Absolutely stunning!!! :)

Karren said...

Oooh this is gorgeous! I love everything about this - the strip down the side is wonderful and I think the black butterfly looks perfect.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Another beauty!!! Love the dp you chose for the side! So cool!

Ina G said...

Super simple card Jen. I agree that the Melon Mambo sure packs a colourful punch. Love the splats and butterfly. Another great card for us at Just us Girls this week.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the butterfly.

Mynn xx said...

Totally fabulous! LOVE the great splatters in hot pink with all the other black and white! Gorgeous card! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

PS: I hope you link this up with us at House of Cards!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Lisa Elton said...

The hot pink is so pretty with the black and white Jen, great color choice!! Fantabulous card my friend...as always!!

Lucille K said...

Fabulous!!

Lisa Lara said...

Love love love this Jen. Fabulous color combo. I love the pink splats.

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is awesome, Jen!!!! Love it!!!!

Nancy said...

Jen, Love the layout and color choices! Wonderful job again! Have a wonderful day!

Gisela said...

Perfect choice of color, great pink and card!

sandie said...

I love this Jen, the use of the splatters is inspired and the pink just pops. This would be great for our challenge at Time out this week which is the same as JUGS, here is the link
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-27.html

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty and fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those Melon Mambo splats and coffee stains! Makes for a great background for that bold butterfly. Awesome card.

Deepti said...

Now that's a master piece !! Love it :)

donna mikasa said...

Love your artsy take on the sketch--those colors are so trendy!

Unknown said...

I totally love your thinking on the "black, white and ?" color scheme Jen! DEFINITELY has to be a bright, bold color! Congrats on being chosen as a CAS(E) this Sketch favorite!!
Hugs,
Nina-Marie :)