Saturday, March 7, 2015

Just Us Girls Guest Designer

I'm super excited to share today that I'll be joining the talented ladies at Just Us Girls for the month of March as a guest designer!  First up is a masculine card challenge.  Despite me shivering in my boots over that one, I rolled up my sleeves and decided a super hero would save the day!



Don't you just love the big grin on this guy's face?  I know I do.  I even added some Wink of Stella pen to those pearly whites so that they'd really shine in real life!  And it was just my luck that the colors this week at Color Throwdown were perfect for a masculine card so, of course, I used those in this card.



I want to extend a big, heartfelt thanks to the ladies at Just Us Girls for inviting me along with them this month.  I'm excited to join them in this crafting journey and so grateful that they even asked!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Super (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); White (Spectrum Noir); Night of Navy, Real Red (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Night of Navy (SU); Copics
Accessories:  Bam Bubbles die (Paper Smooches)


14 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my boys would love this Jen! So fab for a kid's card and the perfect colour combo for that stamp. Congrats on the GD spot too!

Chris Dring said...

Wow, Jen! You started off your GD gig with a bang! What a fabulous card! So glad you're joining us at Just Us Girls this month!

Nancy said...

This card is fabulous Jen! Glad we stretched your comfort zone....wink wink! We are thrilled to have you with us at JUGS! Enjoy your weekend!

Karren said...

Congrats on your guest designer gig! This is the perfect masculine card. Your super hero is so cute in a masculine kinda way :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is fun! Hooray for being a guest designer....you are a busy gal this month!

Ina G said...

Nice to have you joining us for our March postings Jen. What a super card super simple and for a super hero... A super male card.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Super cute super hero! What a fun card. You are certainly starting off with a bang! So happy to have you with us this month at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY Jen and a big congrats to you! This is such a fun card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

How much fun is this card? I just adore your super-hero themed card!

Petra Swart said...

What a super cool guy you've got there, Jen!! Your card is so much fun - love it!!! Would have loved to see those shiny teeth IRL!!! Great use of the colours!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a fun design, and perfect images to use with the Throwdown colors!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect for both challenges!! You aced the masculine (I get nervous myself)! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So glad you are our Guest Designer this month at JUGS! Your card is awesome! I love the little super hero and the "bam" image behind him. Most men think they really are super heroes! You definitely nailed this challenge.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your masculine creation using the throwdown colors! Guy cards are always so hard for me to create (if I had my choice, I'd use flowers all the time). :-)