Saturday, March 14, 2015

Just Us Girls 284 Guest Designer

Today I'm showing you the second card that I made as Guest Designer at Just Us Girls.  The challenge this week is SPLATTERS!  Be still my heart.  Who loves splatters more than me?



I had an idea about how I wanted my card to look, I just needed some colors.  Enter the latest challenge at Muse.  I knew the yellow and black that are so prominent in the inspiration photo would be perfect for what I had in mind.  Some fussy cut flowers, a couple of die cut leaves, splatters, coffee stains and a few enamel dots and I was done!  I love how it turned out!



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you join the challenge over at Just Us Girls!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Gorgeous Grunge, Off the Grid (SU); Hasthags (Tim Holtz); Ink Splats (Indigo Blu)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Basic Black (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (SU); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Craft); enamel dots (Doodlebug Designs)




21 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card - I can see the inspiration - love those colors~

Karren said...

This challenge must have been made with you in mind :) A match made in heaven... And your card is gorgeous - the yellow and black look fabulous and the splatters are perfect.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Jen, your card is awesome! I love the graphic colors and design and of course your fabulous splatters. Perfection!

Chris Dring said...

A perfect mix of grunge and girly! This is one fabulous card!

Marlou McAlees said...

Fabulous!!! Card :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, Jen, this is soooo beautiful!!!!! Oh, I love it!!! Those little flowers are awesome and I love that leaves die!!! The bg you created is lovely!!! Everything is perfectly put together!!!
Enjoy what's left of the weekend!!

Marisa said...

Adore this, Jen!! You rocked it big time!

Nancy said...

So glad we picked the perfect technique for you this week Jen! Wonderful card...love yellow and black!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jen! Love the yellow, black color combo....so classic. Love your design and splatters!

Lisa Elton said...

You ARE the splatter queen Jen, this is so pretty! Love those yellow flowers!

Ardyth said...

This is beautiful! I know I would never get all those elements working together so well! Love the pops of yellow! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Jen this is fabulous... I'm right there with Ardyth! Love that bit of screening in the background. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Muse!
=] Michele

Jenni's Jems said...

Yeah I love it too ! its beautiful x

Lesley said...

Wow! I love the look of the background behind the flowers. Absolutely beautiful and the colours are amazing too. Great card, Jen.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So beautiful!!!! You rocked the black and yellow!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is the perfect challenge for you - you use splatters and Off the Grid like no other! Gorgeous card Jen!

Maria said...

This card is just stunning!! LOVE IT! So glad to have you on the team this month!

Ina G said...

Love the colours splatters and layout. Fabulous.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love it!

Marion said...

This is gorgeous! Congrats on being at featured member at Muse :)

Deepti said...

Your style is unique but always amazing :)