Tuesday, March 10, 2015

colourQ 283

Well here it is Tuesday again!  And that means it's time for a new palette at colourQ.  This week the color combo is one of my faves because it's got Kiwi Kiss, kraft and black!  It's inspired by this tea towel.



I hemmed and hawed, and fussed and fumed for way too long over this card.  But I was having Internet issues (for the second weekend in a row) the day I was making this card so I was a bit off-kilter.  I do like how it turned out though, especially because I used an old favorite stamp set, Best Blossoms.  At one time this was a go-to set for me when I wanted a pretty flower and I had actually forgotten all about it.  Shame on me!

The layout for this comes from Match the Sketch.  I always love a sketch with good geometric layers and this layout is perfect to show off some patterned paper and the flowers.


Having Internet issues means I'm behind on everything.  I'm behind on my DT work and behind on commenting.   Apologies if you've popped by lately and I haven't returned the favor.  I plan to get caught up tonight so hopefully I'll be back to normal soon!

As always thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the cards from my teamies at colourQ.  They are beauties!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Best Blossoms (SU); A freebie "thank you" stamp from Avery Elle
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Going Gray, Kiwi Kiss (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Vertical Stitched Strips, Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Craft Designs) 

14 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful!! Great color combination!! Love the pretty flowers and leaves!!

Lisa Elton said...

Those are pretty flowers and I like the trio of leaves in the design! This is lovely Jen!

Deepti said...

So elegant, love the layers leaves :)

Samra said...

Gorgeous card Jen! Great design and the way you incorporated the color palette. Have a lovely day :)

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic card, love this color combination.

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card! Love this!

Fanny said...

Da hast Du ein ganz bezauberndes Werk kreiert. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch, viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Hoffe, wir sehen dich bald wieder bei einer unserer nächsten Challenges…Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny

Nadine said...

Hi Jen,
thanks for playing at Match the Sketch this week!
I really love your card! Great color combo.
Nadine

sabine mayer said...

Hallo Jen,
vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch. Tolle Karte hast Du eingereicht
Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Kim P said...

Fabulous! Best Blossoms will always be one of my faves! I absolutely love this card!

Michelle said...

Thank you for making an up-to-date card using this set, which I still have...

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is so pretty! Love how you used the colors!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful card Jen!

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful card, Jen!!! Love those flowers and leaves!!!!