Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 178

Happy Wednesday everyone.  I hope you all survived the St. Patrick's Day festivities, if you had them!  St. Patrick's Day is a big deal where I live.  There's parades, and parties, and corned beef & cabbage dinners, and drinking, and singing and even a breakfast where local politicians get together and pretend they like each other for a day!  It's all in good fun!

Today we've got a new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches designed by Narelle.  She's got such an eye for color and design and she always tries to make a sketch for us that's a little easy on the layers.  I'm sure it kills her to do it, though!


I whipped out my favorite Super Girl for my card and the little ka-pow bubble behind her is pointy like the banner in the sketch and also round-ish like the circle, so it's doing double duty here.  I actually began this card with a bright yellow layer that I embossed with clear paste using a starry stencil.  But I couldn't figure out where to put the sentiment.  Then I found this starburst paper in my stash and knew it was a better choice for a background.

The colors for my card are inspired by the colorful creation that is the inspiration this week at the Muse Challenge.  I started with the bright yellow background then pulled in several other colors as well.


There's lots of fantastic inspiration from your friends at Freshly Made Sketches.  I hope you have time to play along with us this week!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  You're Super (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Soft Sky, Pacific Point, Real Red (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Accessories:  Bam Bubbles die (Paper Smooches)

24 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

So fun and super sweet!

Linda Callahan said...

You are right.....the starburst is perfect in the background! Love your Supergirl!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how fun!! You colored her perfectly Jen!

Lisa Lara said...

Now that is just the cutest Jen.

Karren said...

This is such a cool interpretation of the sketch! I love how you've used this image and might just have to buy this set sooner rather than later - thanks for the enabling :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness she is just the cutest! I am in love with everything about this card Jen - the sunburst, the colours and of course the perfect colouring of your super-cute image.

Petra Swart said...

I love your cute little Super Girl and the ka-pow bubble, Jen!!!! So cleverly used for the circle and banner in the sketch!!! The yellow bg paper you have used really works great here!!! Love the cute sentiment to go with Super Girl!! A lovely card, Jen!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Super Girl and I love the way you used the great cutout in red behind her as a creative twist on the sketch. Everyone on the team is creating a desire for new products this week!

Happy Dance said...

This is so cute, Jen! Love this image, and have been eyeing it for sometime. Wish there was no such thing as a budget, of course, then I'd have to have a whole room just for the stamps, lol! Your coloring is impeccable. Love the starburst behind her too. Great card. Just love it!! Bev

Deepti said...

A super card indeed, great use of colors and design :) you are awesome !

Meg said...

This is a fantastic card - I love it!

Amy O said...

A superhero stamped and expertly colored by a super stamper. I love the sunburst behind her. Great interpretation of the sketch, Jen!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so super cute Jen! Love thjat sunburst background.

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow this is so cute! X

Kim P said...

LOVE this! I have considered buying this stamp...but I am not very good at coloring! LOL I may just have to stare at your fab cards to get more ideas!

Immi said...

Cute card - love the bright colors and the sunburst behind her!

Jacquie Southas said...

She is adorable!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous, eye-catching and totally stunning Jen. x

Cindy Lovell said...

This card is amazing Jen!! WOW!! Love this image and the sunburst background!! Awesome!!!
Have a great sunday!! :)

Jen Brum said...

You are amazing!!! Love this card Jen! That super girl is so fabulous and of course you've coloured her perfectly! I also love that background paper! This card just makes me happy!!!

Kristina B. said...

LOVE This!

Shona Chambers said...

Jen, that starburst paper is just perfect for your Super Girl! You have really brought her to life with your colouring, she is really stunning.

Jen W. said...

Love that little super girl and the fabulous rays!

Jen Timko said...

Um, YOU"RE amazing! This card is just perfect! I love, love it!