Friday, September 7, 2012

A New Challenge - Fab Friday

I found out the other day about a new challenge in town called Fab Friday and I could hardly sit still waiting until I had some free time to participate in their first sketch challenge.  They've got a first class design team and I'm looking forward to participating in their future challenges.  For this one I unintentionally deviated a teensy-tiny bit.  (I hope they're the forgiving sort)!



I really wanted to use this witch stamp from Best Fiends and it wasn't until I cut it out that I realized it was going to interfere with the banner layer on the sketch.  But I did a little thinking and thought that if I put my banner behind the image that would be a pretty good compromise.

I absolutely love the images in this stamp set.  It's pretty ancient by Stampin' Up! standards (it was featured in the Holiday Mini in 2006), but is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite Halloween stamp sets and one that I'll never part with.  It's got a frankenstein and a dracula image too so maybe I'll get a chance to ink those up as well this Halloween season!  The DSP, called Halloween Night, is one I used recently on another Halloween card and is from the same 2006 Mini.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to add a button, or a spider, or a piece of candy corn (yum!) to my card to take the place of the button on the sketch and then I remembered the Ribbon Slides in the new Holiday Mini.  I threaded some Basic Black grosgrain ribbon through it and I think it adds a nice touch.

Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Susie said...

Awesome card. Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Amanda Mertz said...

Love your tweak on the sketch! The ribbon and slide are really cute...may have to order some for myself! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Jen Brum said...

That is seriously beautiful! I love it! Look at that colouring job! When are you coming to teach me how to colour?! Super great job!

Jen Timko said...

Every time you use this stamp I want it! What an awesome card!

Linda Callahan said...

Your lady in flight is fabulous! Your coloring is wonderful and she is a hoot!

Marla Reed said...

I just love this witch! I had never seen this set, but it seems like a really fun one. Your water-coloring is outstanding and I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Fab Friday!

Cindy Beach said...

What an amazing design and a fabulous take on the sketch! Love your coloring, Jen, it's beautifully done.

Brenda Myers said...

Love the card!! That witch rocks!!! Thank you for playing with us at Fab Friday!!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

We are of the forgiving sort, especially when your card is so great:-) This is so cute and I'm sad I didn't get that stamp set long ago! Love the ribbon slide! I have yet to use mine that I just HAD to have, lol! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!