Thursday, September 13, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 218

I seem to be on a bit of a Halloween card-making kick lately.  This fine by me because I love the Halloween images that I have been collecting from Stampin' Up! for the last several years.  Today I've got a card for the color challenge at Create With Connie and Mary that practically begged me to use a Halloween stamp!



For this one I used one of the stamps from the brand new Toxic Treats.  I stamped the image in Versamark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  Then I sponged on some Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry, which came out way better than I thought it would!  

Don't forget to head on over to Create With Connie and Mary to check out  the amazing inspiration for the design team.

6 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Eerily adorable! Simple technique with fabulous results!

Aileen said...

These colours are fab together and look perfect on your Halloween card. Super image. x

Deb said...

Wow! Great technique for this stamp! I love how that turned out, too!! And your layout is fantastic!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree, Jen...I have so many Halloween sets that there is no way I can use them all in that short season! lol! LOVE your card (one set that I RESISTED this year and am regretting)...cool technique for the background!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I just love all the Halloween sets this year also. So many things to create and not enough time. I so love your sponged panel, it is outrageously gorgeous!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the way you sponged the focal image and love the chevron texture. Great way to tuck in your greeting, too. Great working with you on Create!