Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 54

We're halfway through the week folks!  Yay!  And Wednesdays around here mean an awesome new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week Jen T has got a great sketch with lots of possibilities!



As per my usual, I spent quite a bit of time wandering around my stamp room looking at this stamp set and that trying to figure out what I wanted to do with this sketch before I decided that I could do a little something with the color challenge at Fab Friday and this adorable stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps.


This card ended up being not quite what I had envisioned when I started, but it's close!  Why does that always seem to happen to me?  I mentioned in a recent post that my mother took up candlepin bowling a few years ago and has started up with her bowling league again so I suppose she'll be pleased and surprised to get this in the mail.  You may be unfamiliar with candlepin bowling, but I'm sure my fellow New Englanders know what it's all about.  You can read about it here.

I hope you have time this week to pop on by Freshly Made Sketches and join us this week.  The uber-talented design team has got some fabulous cards to show you which I know will get your creative juices flowing!

11 comments:

Rita W said...

Another awesome card! I just love those bowling pins. I bet your mom will adore this!

Linda Callahan said...

This is as cute as can be - love this stamp!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jen! I love this! You did an amazing job coloring! Fun card!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great shading on the images and well done for incorporating the colors into a bowling card! =) I grew up with duckpin bowling in CT but had never heard of candlepin bowling before. Learn something new everyday! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Tui Nathan said...

This is so super cute Jen ...love the pins and ball, your colouring and shading is excellent ... great job!

Ann Schach said...

Is this cute, or what! The stitching adds the perfect touch. You are the Queen of Clean Designs! Your work is always so inspiring!

Jen Brum said...

Jen, this is adorable! I love those bowling pins! Love the colours too! Great job with the added stitching! I'm not quite that ambitious!

Jen Timko said...

This is so fun! What a perfect set for the sketch...and you took on the colors wonderfully!

Jenny Burnett said...

A striking card Jen. I love it, and such clever use of the colours.

Gabby said...

Fun, fun card! Like the stamps and the way you incorporated the challenge colors. :)

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Jen, I always love your cards and the bowling pins are great. Thanks for commenting on my FMS card this week. Hugs, Bev