Thursday, September 27, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 220

This week at Create With Connie and Mary we've got a great color challenge for you.  Take a look:


I think these are such great colors for a winter themed card and I briefly considered breaking out some snowmen, but I figure that winter will be here soon enough and there will be plenty of time for snow later!  So I turned to an old favorite, Raining Flowers, that I had not used in a while.


I made this card a few days ago, a day that I will always refer to as "backwards day."  That morning I went out to do some shopping and when I got home I realized that the shirt I was wearing was on inside out!  How embarrassing!  During the day I had wondered why the collar of the shirt was curling in a strange way and why the tag seemed to be sticking out.  Duh!

But my inside out troubles did not end there.  Much later that day I sat at my stamp table assembling this card and once all the layers were glued down (in a never-to-be-released fashion) I realized that I had put one of the layers on backwards.  You can't see it in the photo (on account of the whole backwards thing) but there is actually a Whisper White layer with the Baja Breeze circles attached that was supposed to be layered onto the card base with the circles facing down so that all that would be visible was part of the circle which would form a scalloped edge.   Unfortunately I put the layers on with the circles facing up so that what you see are...circles.  Once I realized my mistake I tried to pry the layers apart but they were stuck fast and here you have my card.

The sentiment, by the way, is from Bring on the Cake.  And after this little card-making blip I think I deserve some cake!

Be sure to head on over to Create With Connie and Mary and check out the projects from the design team. You're sure to find some inspiration there!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Great card, Jen! I love the simplicity of this and all the dimension on your flower!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this stamp set...darling card! Love the layers on your flower. Great working with you on Create!

Melissa Davies said...

Funny to read all about your Backwards Day - lol! The card is so pretty - never would have guessed you had challenges! I love the look of the large circles along the bottom. Sometimes I forget to use the shape punches so simply!

Connie Babbert said...

I love the idea for Raining Flowers...such a pretty set that I don't has gotten much attention! Love the row of circles, too!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

You made me giggle with your little backwards story! We've all been there. Love the use of the circle as a layer, so cool!