Tuesday, September 25, 2012

colourQ 156

It's so fun to see color challenges make the transition from summer to fall, and this week Arielle's colourQ challenge has got some wonderful colors for fall.  For this challenge, I jumped at the opportunity to ink up some stamps from French Foliage.


I did a little rocking and rolling on my leaves using all of the colors from the challenge and I added a little Designers Natural Button for some 3D interest.  I also based my layout on the sketch challenge at Unscripted Sketches, although I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't look like it.


I scored some vertical lines on my card so that it would fit the sketch, but those lines proved very difficult to show up in my photos.  I tried a bunch of things before I realized that I needed to get the card out of the direct line of my light source.  So I experimented some more and took this photo.


Voila!  Lines!  Good thing I don't have to make a living as a photographer!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head on over to colourQ and see what the super-amazing and oh-so-talented design team has created for your viewing pleasure.  You won't be disapppointed!


15 comments:

Kim S said...

All that gorgeous color merged into a few beautiful leaves surrounded by clean white - it's stunning!!

Unknown said...

This is a CAS stunner Jen! I love these colors and I must have this stamp set lol. love how you clustered everything at the button and the scoring lines are the perfect single layer detail. beautiful!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Jen!! Love the leaves and how you used the colours. Was beginning to wonder if the lines were there (wink, wink) until you had the second photo. Way to work them in for the sketch!

Linda Beeson said...

I am so in love with those leaves!

Linda Callahan said...

Simple perfection from a master!

Unknown said...

Jen, this is stunning.

Geri said...

You are truly the queen of clean & simple!!! This card is perfect...what more can I say...except that we are thrilled that you chose to play along with our Unscripted sketch this week :)

dstandard said...

This is just fabulous! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

The leaves, the scoring and that button make a gorgeous card Jen.

SmilynStef said...

Those colors are perfect for fall leaves ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

N@ Ali said...

fabulous cluster!

Sylvia said...

Love what you did with your leaves, Jen and the lines are fabulous. I know what you mean about not being able to photograph the lines on white, this picture really shows them well. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Vicky Hayes said...

The colours are just fabulous and I love your CAS interpretation of them.

Rosemary said...

your card is one of the most beautiful cards i have ever seen!

StephG said...

this card is beautiful...simple, but elegant! I love the rolling technique. Thank you for playing at Unscripted Sketches♥