Friday, September 21, 2012

Nacho Average Challenge 12 and CASology 11

The challenge this week at CASology is white.  I have nooooo problem doing that!  Now, one of my favorite things to do when making a CAS card (especially one where the subject is "white") is to add a pop of color.  The super-fantastic color challenge at Nacho Average Challenge fit that bill perfectly!



I am seriously in love with this color challenge.  Island Indigo is such a fantastic color and I don't use it nearly as often as I should.  And look how great it looks paired with Lucky Limeade.  Love!

I think that when you use bits of color like this it draws attention to the white and makes the focal point just jump of the page.  I stamped the flower off center then used a ruler to draw a square around it with my Crumb Cake marker.  I think the funky sentiment goes perfectly with this unique, splashy flower. 

Friday, yay!  I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend - I hope you are too!

ly 

18 comments:

Tammy said...

WOW!! I love this card! Thanks so much for joining the Nachos this week!!

Ardyth said...

Hard to believe you took a colour challenge and combined it with a white challenge so successfully! Thanks for playing along with CASology's white cue card!

Leilani McGranahan said...

Awesome card. Clean and simple and wow! does it pop. Thanks for playing.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen fantastic! I love your simple splotch flower in green. Thanks you joining us this week at CASology!

Allisa said...

Such a fun card, love how you used the colors!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wow!!! Love the color combo! Beauitful work!

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Rosemary said...

super fun card!! thanks for playing along with CASology!!

Unknown said...

Jen this is fabulous!! I love all that white space. Great colors too.

Tracy Ercole said...

This is beautiful!

Anne Hayward said...

Perfect! Clean and simple. Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

Vicky Hayes said...

Stunning Jen! I love the splashy flower in Lucky Limeade!

Claire said...

Love this - it's just the type of card I don't seem to be able to pull off! That stamp is fab and you're right the colours look gorgeous together

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... stunning!

Jen W. said...

That is a fabulous colour combo and I love how you used it here. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Coolest card, Jen! I gotta say it, sooo unique, and as we used to say, sooo rad!!

*Alison* said...

This is AMAZING!!! :) so STUNNIN! hugs

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous card - love these colours and the flower. Super sentiment too!

Unknown said...

beautiful! TAWS images are perfect for so many styles and your CAS creation is a perfect example of that. I adore these colors together. Great take on the challenges!