Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's A Freshly Made Sketches Anniversary!

I can hardly believe that we're at Sketch #52 at Freshly Made Sketches.  It seems like yesterday that Lesley was putting together her ideas for the challenge and assembling a top-notch design team.  Some days I still can't quite believe that she asked me to be a part of this challenge.  Every week I have the pleasure and the honor of working with such a talented bunch of ladies who, week after week, give me so much inspiration.  And I hope that when we all get together to stamp in this virtual world we live in, that we inspire you, our faithful challenge companions, just a wee bit too!

Now on to our fabulous sketch this week.  Except there is no sketch this week.  At least not in the traditional sense.  For our anniversary we are challenging you to choose any one of our past sketches (which you will find here) and make a card to help us celebrate this milestone.  I chose Sketch #32, which was designed by Linda Callahan.



Now, if you are a new visitor (a hearty welcome if you are) and you poke around a bit, you will find that I am a bit of a fan of using non-traditional colors for otherwise traditional holiday cards.  For this Halloween card I used the colors at The Paper Players.  I knew right away when I saw that color challenge that I wanted to participate, but it wasn't until I started to make my card for this challenge that I realized these colors would be perfect for a Halloween card using my favorite skull.  And I think I out-did myself in the non-traditional sense because my Baja Breeze DSP is from Urban Oasis and is actually printed with one of the big roses from Fifth Avenue Floral.  If you don't look too closely, I think they sort of resemble squiggly lines.  Scary squiggly lines, that is.


I sure hope you can join us this week to celebrate our anniversary.  Our design team has knocked it out of the park this week, so be sure to stop on by Freshly Made Sketches and check out their cards!  We've even got Linda Callahan and Rita Wright back this week!  Woo hoo!
  


12 comments:

Rita W said...

I love non-traditional colors for any holiday, but I would have never thought about those for Halloween! It looks AWESOME and a bit spooky. :)

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow .... I just love that awesome skull image and I love the sketch you chose, cos it highlights that image perfectly!

Happy Anniversary my friend ... so happy to be a part of this fabulous team with you - thank you too for all your inspiration throughout the year!!!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jen! Love that skull image! And you chose just the perfect sketch to show it off! Happy Anniversary!

Nance Leedy said...

Would you believe that I actually did think about using these colors on a halloween card too? But Christmas one. I love your non-traditional colors and that skull is my all-time favorite halloween stamp! Great job with the challenge and so glad you joined us!

Unknown said...

Oh Jen! Once again....your knockin' my socks off!!! I love this. Very non-traditional - but very striking. You just keep on rockin' my world - k? Thanks for playin' with the Paper Players!

Karren said...

Cool card, Jen! I love, love, love that skull image so much I bought the set just for him - and I don't even celebrate Halloween!

Linda Callahan said...

I love these coooool colors for this image! Adds a whole new vibe!

Sylvia said...

Love this image, Jen, awesome card! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments! Have a great Thursday.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely awesome, Jen! I LOVE the skull! You have just demonstrated that a Halloween card can be beautiful and classy!

Jen Brum said...

Seriously? This is AMAZING!!! You are so talented!!! I love, love, love it!!!! You can make that skull look pretty and elegant! How on earth do you do it??!!!! Fabulous!

Jen Sannes said...

I love your non-trad colors and you card is perfectly spooky!

Cindy Hall said...

Awesome card, Jen! I didn't know you had this side to you!