Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dynamic Duos 19 and Less Is More 84

I think it's been a while since I participated in the one layer challenge at Less Is More.  But that challenge practically begged me to use the colors from Dynamic Duos and to ink up French Foliage, an old favorite that I've been neglecting.



I did a little masking with these stamps.  I stamped the leaf in Cajun Craze first, then created a mask to cover the leaf over before I stamped the script in Always Artichoke.  It can be pretty difficult to not get the "halo effect" around the masked image but I pressed really hard and it came out perfectly!  

At first I left the card with just those two images but I wasn't entirely happy with the result.  I decided it needed a sentiment and I spent a half hour rooting around my stamp room looking for something simple to complement the simple layout of the card.  I settled on one from Thank You Kindly.

This morning I was up early to catch breakfast with my mother and father and their Saturday morning breakfast crew.  Then I was off to Brimfield (Massachusetts) to check out the antique show going on there.  It'a a huge antique show that takes place three times a year and I used to go faithfully in May and September of each year.  But as my house grew full of stuff that used to belong to other people and I ran out of room to add new stuff, I stopped going.  I missed the adventure of "antiquing" so I decided to head on up there today.  I bought a couple of small things and despite the rainy weather had a great time tromping around the different fields.  I only saw a fraction of what was there before the threat of torrential downpours sent me home again.  I think I've caught the antique bug again and am now anxiously awaiting the next show in May!

Thanks for stopping by!



23 comments:

Kathyk said...

I am LOVING this design and the shape of your card

Kathyk

Kaz said...

Such a pretty card.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful card Jen, I like the design of it a lot.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Karen Aicken said...

This is such a wonderful CAS card. Great design layout!
Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duo's this week!
Cheers, Karen

Marisa said...

Fabulous one layer CAS card! L oooove the leaf image over the script.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, love the black & red together. Great masking ! I used to go 'antiquing' regularily until I accumulated too much. But it's such a thrill for each 'find'. I've sold about 2/3 and maybe someday will get the 'bug' again. Right now I get a thrill finding new 'craft stash' :) Shirleyx

Chrissie said...

Love these stamps, love this card!
Thanks so much Jen.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Robyn Oliver said...

Really like your foliage card Jen - given me inspiration to have a go too, thanks

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Jen! Love your simple Autumn card.

Your antiquing sounds wonderful. I'm just starting to get into that look myself. I scored some old Mason jars but have gone through quite a bit of work to get them clean. I just hit the estate sales but your venue sounds much more exciting.

Mikki said...

Jen, love the way you created this using masking. It's a beautiful CAS card.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful Jen and a gorgeous colour combination too!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful, Jen. I love how you used the colors for such a simple, beautiful card. It's perfection. ;-)

Allisa said...

Love your card, fabulous job masking! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning!
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Kimberley said...

Love the card - love the blog!

AB. said...

Simple, classic & beautiful!! Love it!

Heather Cooper said...

Elegant CAS card! So nice!

Linby said...

I have this set, just love the way you used it. Thanks for the inspiration.
Linbyx

Susan said...

Fabulous color combo and a gorgeous card, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely CAS card Jen, thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen what a fabulous card, CAS perfection.

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful CAS design, just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Jen :) Viv xx