Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 51

Hello everyone!  Today at Freshly Made SketchesCindy has got a great sketch for us to play along with.  I know you're going to love it because it's definitely a keeper!



As I contemplated my huge pile of DSP (that never seems to shrink no matter what I do), I came across this paper from Everyday Enchantment.  I never really cared for Peach Parfait all that much but it occurred to me that this paper was kind of pretty.  And with the added Chocolate Chip layer peeking around the edges I like it even more.  I tend to prefer patterned paper that has interesting geometric designs rather than big, bold prints because it makes a subtle background for whatever image or embellishment I'm adding to my card.  However, once I chose this paper I didn't know what else to do.  Oh dear!

I ended up flipping through the rest of the DSP and chose to use the colors featured on the other papers.  I figured that the folks at Stampin' Up! surely know better than me what colors look good together.  So I ended up with a flower stamped in Poppy Parade and the leaves stamped in Lucky Limeade.  The scallop frame is stamped in Chocolate Chip (a color not featured in the DSP, but one that I thought looked pretty good).  I added an Antique Brad to the center of the flower to give it some pizzazz!

Our fabulous design team has got some great cards to share with you, so head over to Freshly Made Sketches and check them out.  I hope you can join us this week.


12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Well you chose you paper wisely Jen. beautiful card, I love that flower and the frame.

Marisa said...

Way to flash that Verve :) Great use of the sketch.

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love the flower with the brad and the DSP is very pretty too!

Linda Callahan said...

I love Everyday Enchantment! This is sooo pretty!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Jen! From the flower to the paper, your card is awesome in every detail!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! (and yeah, it is that exciting that it requires 6 exclamation points. lol)

Stef Perry said...

Great choice to the Chocolate Chip with the Peach dp. Love the cute flower and the brad added a nice touch of elegance.

Sylvia said...

Jen, your card is beautiful and bold, I love the colors! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you used this paper - one of my favourites in that fabulous pack - and the flower looks brilliant!

Jen Timko said...

So pretty! I struggled with this color too and you have found a way to use it perfectly.

Darnell said...

Well, this is just delicious. Perfect, perfect for that sketch design!!

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous card Jen .... I love how you managed to make that PP so pretty .... awesome floral arrangement too!