Monday, September 3, 2012

Dynamic Duos 18 and FTL206

When I saw the color challenge at Dynamic Duos I knew immediately that I wanted to join in.  A few days earlier I had seen the sketch challenge at clean&simple decided that the two would challenges would be a perfect excuse to ink up these cool retro glasses from The Alley Way Stamps.



My mother used to have some glasses that looked a lot like these.  They were very stylish for a period of time and then, as these things happen, fell out of fashion. For some reason she kept them in a drawer and as kids my sisters and I would periodically take them out and try them on and laugh at each other, marveling at how crazy people were to think that these glasses actually looked good!  I remember one day coming home from school, and as I walked across the front yard and I looked up in time to see my sister's boyfriend standing at the picture window wearing these glasses with a big goofy grin on his face.  I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard in my life!  I think that memory is a big reason why I bought this stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by!



11 comments:

Susie said...

I enjoyed your story as much as I did your wonderful card.

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Jen! loving your CAS styled cards:)

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute, and Okay, I admit it...I had a pair of these goofy glasses too...okay I admit I'm old...smile...but they were in at the time...honest!

Michelle said...

Love your story! I had a great aunt with a pair similar to these stamps...fond memories! I love this fun and sweet card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Dynamic Duos!

Linda Callahan said...

Soooo coooool!

Lesley said...

Hilarious and adorable! You are terrific. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!
Smiles,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

So cute, Jen. ;-) I love how you used the Dynamic Duos colors with those fun, fun glasses. Love it! ;-)

Kim S said...

Perfect use of those glasses...love the fun layout! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!!

Melissa said...

This is adorable, Jen! Love how you overlapped the glasses and that short little sentiment is the best! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos again!

paige said...

Love the glasses! This is a delightful CAS card! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch-I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html