Tuesday, September 4, 2012

colourQ 153

Hey there!  It's Tuesday and that means that Arielle has got another challenge at colourQ to tickle your creative funny bone.



I think these colors are perfect for autumn but I decided to go in a slightly different direction.  The weather in my neck of the woods has been spectacular lately - hot days and cool nights - so I thought I'd go with an end of the summer card.  (I think I may have just invented a new season)!  And the latest retro sketch provided some sketchy inspiration.



My new season showcases cards that are not quite the full, leafy variety you usually see around this time of year, and is not the flowery sort you see during the summer.  Instead I used the Pocket Silhouettes stamp to create an image that represents flowers at the end of the season.  They're not blooming, but they're still there perhaps waiting to spread their seeds for the next year.

I felt like my mini sewing machine was feeling a bit neglected so I dragged it out to sew a zigzag around my Ski Slope Chocolate Chip layer and the Sweet Pea So Saffron layer.  As usual, my corners are a bit ragged but I've just learned a tip about how to sew corners so I'm anxious to try it out on a future card.

Be sure to head on over to colourQ and check out the challenge and the design team samples.  You won't be disappointed.  And the deadline for entry to be considered for colour Queen has been extended so check it out!

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

The stitching on your card is just fantastic Jen. A really really beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch and use of the colours :) I love that SU set - must pull it out as it hasn't seen ink in ages!

Allisa said...

Great card! I love stitching on my cards.....but do not love my sewing machine! You MUST share your tip on corners when you try it out!

Heather Heroldt said...

What a cute take! I love my silhouette stamps!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful card Jen! Hugs ~S~

N@ Ali said...

soft and sweet ; )

Vicky Hayes said...

You've used the colours brilliantly Jen and I like the addition of stitching.