Thursday, September 20, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 219

Is it Thursday already?  Well of course it is, which means it's also time for another great challenge from Create With Connie and Mary!  This week is a sketch (a square one, my fave) and you are going to love it!  I don't know how Connie and Mary do it, but week after week, they create these awesome challenges!  Take a look at what's on tap for this week:



I felt like it had been ages since I used some Soft Suede so I started with that as my card base then picked a color that I thought went well with it.  I used some Baja Breeze card stock cut with the Labels Framelit then layered it with some DSP from Twitterpated.  Then I went to check out my stamps to figure out which ones had been neglected lately!

After much contemplation, I used the flowers from Stippled Blossoms which were perfect for two-step stamping  using Baja Breeze and Soft Suede.  I added some leaves stamped in Wild Wasabi which seemed to be the same tone as the other colors.  

The horizontal layer is a strip of Baja Breeze layered with some Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, a little Linen Thread and an Antique Brad.  I added the sentiment from Just Believe at the last minute because I thought the card was missing something.  I'm glad I did because I think it makes that big label a little more interesting!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to pop on over to Create With Connie and Mary to check out the inspiration from the design team!

12 comments:

Hofkissed said...

Simply beautiful!

Deb said...

Wow!!! Just beautiful!! Love the brown and blue together! And the antique brad is just perfect! Love it!!

hollybeary creations said...

Wow Jen this is gorgeous.. I love the Blue and the Suede together.. This is a set I will have to add to my list for sure!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card. Love the combination of colours.

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Jen! Your colors are so soft and pretty and it has a vintage flair to it. I love it!

Colleen said...

:This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think I may have to make one of these myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Colleen said...

:This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think I may have to make one of these myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa Davies said...

Stunning card! Love your color selections!

Colleen said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love everything about it.

Colleen said...

Apparently, I like it so much that I commented twice, lol!! :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the blue against the suede. What a beautiful card Jen!

Lisa Martz said...

I see you and I both had roses on the brain for this challenge. Beautiful sample! I love this set and there are so few samples of it. Thanks for giving me one more reason to love it! Great working with you on Create!