Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baby Shower and Butterflies

This is my third week being the guest designer at The Alley Way Stamps blog.  I've got a couple of cards to show you.


I'm heading to a baby shower later today and this is the card that I made for the sweet mom and baby-to-be! The cute image is from Spring Has Sprung and I thought it would be adorable for a baby card.  The little felt "buttons" add some lovely, soft texture I think.  I used the layout from retro sketches, but I couldn't bear (pun intended) to cut off the little cutie so he is intact on the right side of the card!


My second card uses the pretty colors at Just Us Girls and features the butterfly from Awesome Blossom.




Well, it's snowing again here.  The baby shower that I'm going to was originally scheduled for last week but was postponed because of the blizzard and now it might be in danger again!  It's coming down pretty heavily now and the wind is howling so I'm not entirely sure that I want to be out driving in this.  I guess I'll have to wait and see how the day goes.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
First card stamps:  Spring Has Sprung, Mad Gab (TAWS)
Accessories:  Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Regal Rose DSP

Second card stamps:  Awesome Blossom, Chatterbox (TAWS)
Accessories:  Wintergreen DSP

6 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

these are both fabulous! love the sweet baby bunny and that beautiful butterfly:)

Judy said...

Hi Jen,
I love both your cards but the baby shower one is my favorite how cute is that.
Hope you enjoy the day.

*Alison* said...

Adorable as usual.. You are über talented. Love it

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are wonderful! Love that sweet bunny!

Marisa said...

Loving the pop of coral against the sage, Jen! Lovely sketch and card as always. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous use of the colors! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!